A securitisation SPV can acquire risks linked to natural resources such as metals (gold, silver, titanium, etc), energy (petrol, gas) and others.
The issuance of securities will be linked directly or indirectly with the value of the commodities held by the SPV.
The SPV may also participate in issuance of securities which yield is linked with:
- the finding of resources (like future mining proceed, drilling, etc)
- the value of the resources on a forward market/index
- the result of the sale of a future stock of commodities
- the risks linked to a natural resource shortage
- the risks to the realisation (or not) of a climatic change, catastrophe (CAT BONDS)
The SPV issues a security to investors and they will receive a return on their investment which is funded and secured by the yield generated by resources (or the risk or the future cash flow) acquired by the SPV.